Skip to main content

Your Marvellous Mind


 
In order to understand how one can control his/her thinking it is important to first understand where the thinking takes place. Thinking is done in our mind. Even though our brain takes part in controlling of the body's reflexes, our mind is not the brain. Brain is just a switching station that is controlled by the mind.

Dr. Thurman Flee stated that “The mind is an activity not a thing. No one has ever seen the mind. In order to gain clarity and eliminate confusion, I will create an image we can work with.”

He drew this image to simplify on how the mind works. The Conscious Mind is also known as our thinking or rational mind. Sub-conscious mind is also known as our emotional mind. Our conscious mind has the ability to accept or reject information but whatever goes into our sub-conscious mind is accepted.

Almost 95% of us use the five senses to comprehend the events or/and outcomes in the environment. So most of us respond according to our present results.

If we are in a difficult financial situation then our main focus is on the debts and other financial burdens. Since the focus is on the difficulties, we neglect the  available opportunities that might help us to solve the problem. In many cases this happens at a sub-conscious level.

Similarly, a person facing emotional trauma mainly focuses on the pain which creates worry and doubt that turns into fear. In the long run, the fear changes into anxiety and the suppressed emotions turns into depression that causes disease and disintegration of one's self ultimately resulting in death. Such individuals reflect their pain based on an event in the past or an event in the present and ends up being stuck in a vicious cycle of being a victim of their circumstances getting same results over and over again.

When an emotional trauma happens in childhood, people carry it into their adulthood. Some traumas are suppressed and when people confront similar events in their adulthood the suppressed emotions are triggered which creates fear or negative emotions. Most of the time this freezes the individual and prevent them from taking action which results in developing anxiety. The suppressed emotions turn into depression. 

Similarly an individual can choose to see the positive aspect of life through understanding which can be achieved by studying the situation they are in. This occurs in your conscious mind. This creates faith which will aid one's well-being. Well-being is expressed by the body accelerating effects that makes body at-ease. When your body is at ease, creativity occurs where you grow as an individual.

[to be continued...]






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Become a Child Again Around Our Mother

They say a mother can take your pain away and make you feel like a child again.  It is true—not just in a poetic sense, but in a very real psychological way. After living with my in-laws for some time, I started to notice something strange whenever I visited my mother. The moment I entered her home, something inside me shifted. My voice softened. I felt lighter. I would leave responsibilities at the door and sit on the floor or curl up on the sofa like I used to. I was not acting strong or trying to be put together—I simply became… myself. A softer, more vulnerable, more peaceful version of who I am. I often found myself wondering,  “Is this really me? Or am I just slipping into some old pattern?” That question stayed with me until I started reading about the neuroscience and psychology behind it. What I learned made everything make sense. The Brain Remembers Safety Our brains are wired to remember emotions. When you are around your mother—especially if she represents love, sa...

When Pain Finds a Voice: A Story That Mirrors the Lives of Many Women

With my client’s full consent—while keeping her identity protected—I am sharing a story that reflects the silent suffering many women carry in their hearts. As I sat listening to her, I realised how deeply emotional distress shapes a woman’s life, and how many endure heartbreaking experiences behind closed doors. No woman should ever face such pain alone, yet her story echoes countless untold stories in our society. What moved me most was the resilience in her voice. She did not speak like someone defeated. She spoke like a woman who will one day look back and recognise the strength it took to speak up, to rise, and to share her truth so that even one other woman may find the courage to change her life. She discovered her husband had been cheating on her, but long before the betrayal surfaced, she had been living under constant criticism and fault-finding. While she devoted herself to raising their three children—building a home filled with warmth, stability, cleanliness, and love—he d...

My Experience in HDh. Kulhudhuffushi

My recent trip to HDh. Kulhudhuffushi for a training and group coaching turned out to be much more than a professional assignment—it became a journey of learning, connection, and cultural discovery. Having lived all my life in the capital city, Malé, I have always been familiar with its fast pace, modern lifestyle, and limited sense of community due to the city’s busy rhythm. Although I used to travel to islands as a child, years passed without such experiences. Now, traveling as a professional—conducting training and coaching sessions—has given a completely new meaning to island visits. Kulhudhuffushi, often called the “heart of the north,” is one of the largest and most vibrant islands in the northern Maldives. It serves as the main hub of Haa Dhaalu Atoll, connecting the surrounding islands through its port and domestic airport. The island is well-developed, with schools, healthcare facilities, shops, and cafés, yet it still carries the charm of island life—peaceful, community-drive...